Discover How To Use The Power of Authority Marketing To Make You Money While You Adventure!
No Experience, Existing Product Or Technical Skills Are Required
DO YOU BELIEVE ADVENTURES ARE WORTH CHASING?
We're an affiliate.
We hope you love the products/services we recommend on Just Van Life! So you know, there is the possibility we will collect a commission should you make a purchase via any of our links. This will in no way affect the purchase price. Thank you for your support, we really appreciate it!
When you are going on vacation in your RV, the last thing you’ll want to happen is to be stuck in the middle of nowhere without any power. This is where having the right kind of generator will be invaluable.
Luckily for you, there are plenty of generators that you can choose from. From standalone units to something entirely solar-powered, plenty of reliable, durable options will last you many years.
But what are the best generators currently on the market? Should you have a solar-powered generator? How much does a decent generator cost?
Well, if you want to know all the specs and characteristics of your generator before buying, then we would suggest that you read on.
List Of Best RV Generators
Champion 8000-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Generator
This first generator is one that is very durable, being able to support both propane and gas. This is great if you are uncertain about which fuel you’ll be using.
This comes with an electric start, which means that you’ll have your generator up and running in no time. This one comes with a handy switch that you can use to turn on your generator quickly.
This comes with a gauge that will help you to track all the inputs on your generator. Whether it is the hertz, the voltage or the run-time, this comes with everything that you’ll need for checking your generator.
This will run up to 8000 watts on gasoline and 7250 watts on propane. This provides you with plenty of power for all of the appliances in your RV.
Because when you want your hot shower in the morning or your kettle to boil or the ability to fry some eggs on your stove, you’ll want a generator that can power every appliance.
This generator will more than be able to handle this output.
This comes with a lifetime warranty, which will really give those hardcore campers peace of mind. You can also get 3 years of repair and maintenance support during the first 3 years after purchase.
- Very silent running – if you want something that will not wake up your family and the neighbors, then this is a great unit to have.
- Easy-to-use – with a simple flick switch that you can use to get this unit up and running, this is great for anyone who is new to RVing.
- Powerful – this comes with a starting wattage of around 10,000 watts, which is more than enough power for everything in your RV.
- Automatic safety features – this generator will automatically turn itself off if you are running low on oil. This is great if you do not want your internal components to get damaged.
- Heavy unit – despite having two wheels, this unit is very heavy and you might have difficulty dragging it from one place to another.
- Dual Fuel – Operate your 8000-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 1.2-quarts of oil (included) and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- Electric start – Power up the 459cc Champion engine with the handy toggle switch, battery included
- Intelligauge – Keep track of voltage, hertz and run-time hours to easily monitor power output and track maintenance intervals
- Powerful – At 10,000 starting watts and 8000 running watts on gasoline and 9025 starting watts and 7250 running watts on propane, trust Volt Guard built-in surge protector to prevent overloads
- Champion Support – Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
Westinghouse WH2200iXLT Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator
This next unit is very sleek and portable, weighing in as one of the lightest units that we have on this list. This is perfect for small-scale camping in an RV.
This is very fuel-efficient, coming with a 1.3-liter gas tank that will run for roughly 13 hours. This is ideal for anyone who is looking to camp for the weekend.
This doesn’t only have to be used when you are camping, you can use it in your home. If you are suffering from a blackout in your home, then fire this generator up to give yourself power in the short term.
This comes with a special oil reservoir, which makes filling up this generator particularly easy. It also comes with an oil drainer in the back, so you can easily tip out the waste when you need to.
This will provide you with a stable level of power, operating at a low frequency that will not disrupt or damage any of your TV appliances or electrical equipment.
This is a very portable unit, so if you are going to be loading and unloading it into your camper van, then this is a great unit to have on board with you.
- Portable – this compact little unit will be able to fit into most spaces. This is great if you have a much smaller RV.
- Plenty of power – with upwards of 2200 peak watts, you’ll have everything that you need to power everything in your RV.
- Easy to use – this is one of the easiest generators to refill and use again and again. With a flip-open reservoir in the back, you can fill this one with propane or gas easily.
- Easy to start – this comes with a pull handle in the back that will get this generator fired up easily and efficiently.
- Not enough power – this might not have enough power for the larger units and might only be considered by some as a supplementary generator.
- Lightweight, Compact, and Quiet - Power Anywhere, Anytime (43 lbs. and 59dBa at 50% Load)
- Safely Powers Sensitive Electronics Such as Laptop Computers, Cell Phones, & More (1800 Running Watts / 2200 Starting Watts at <3% THD)
- Enhanced Fuel Efficiency - 1.3 Gallon Gas Tank Lasts 13 Hours at a 25% Load - Runs All Night
- Double Your Power - Combine the WH2000iXLT to Another Westinghouse WH2000iXLT or WH2400i Digital Inverter Generator with a Westinghouse Parallel Cord to Increase Your Wattage
- Two Year Limited Warranty - EPA & CARB Compliant (Legal for Sale in California)
DuroMax XP4400E Gas Powered Portable Generator
Next up, we have a slightly more beefy generator, coming with plenty of juice that will be able to power most moderately-sized RVs.
This comes with a sustainable wattage of around 3,300 watts, which is perfect for keeping your RV for most of the day. You can run this for around 8 hours before having to fill it up again.
You can use this one to power the stove and the shower in your RV or if you are using it at home, you can use it to keep a car running or even operate heavy-duty power tools.
This comes at a very decent price, which is perfect for newbies that are slightly wary about spending too much money on a generator that they cannot be sure they will be using in the long term.
When the oil is low, this comes with an automatic shut-off feature that will prevent any of the oil from burning and ultimately damaging the inside of your engine.
- Portable – this one comes with two wheels that will allow you to take it from one place to another. It also comes with handles that will allow you to pick it up easily.
- Versatile running operation – you can choose to run this one either at 240 volts or 120 volts, which will be a great way to save you on fuel.
- This comes with plenty of accessories including an oil funnel and sparks plug that will make refueling and powering very easy.
- Durable – this comes with a sturdy metal frame that will withstand rain and other weather elements, making it ideal for outdoor use.
- Noisy – this operates at around 69 decibels, which makes it one of the noisier units on this list.
- Plenty of Power – With 4,400 starting watts and 3,500 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads, from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools
- Powerful Engine – The DuroMax 210cc OHV engine is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs, from powering high voltage appliances to heavy duty power tools
- MX2 Technology - Get the maximum power from each of the 120-volt receptacles. Choose between operating the generator at both 120V and 240V simultaneously, or at 120V only with full power. Ideal for usage with RVs
- Low Oil Shutoff – Protects your investment by automatically shutting the generator off when it senses that the oil is low
- Fully Featured Power Panel – The power panel includes a wide selection of outlets for maximum compatibility in your applications including: 2 120V household GFCI outlets and 1 120/240V 30A twist lock outlet. The panel also includes a voltmeter and 12V DC charging posts for charging external batteries
Generac 7127 iQ3500-3500 Watt Portable Inverter Generator
Next, we have one of the coolest, most modern and compact generators that you can currently get on the market. This comes with a pull cord that will get it up and running in no time at all.
This comes with an LCD monitor that will allow you to see readouts of the wattage, the hertz and how long your generator has been running. It will also tell you how much gas or propane you have left in the tank.
This has clean converter energy, which will reduce the amount of fuel that you use and won’t produce much smoke.
This comes with USB ports that will allow you to charge your phone or your tablet device. This is great if you have run out of sockets in your RV.
This is one of the best generators to use for recreational devices, as it comes with all the modern ports such as USB as well as some of the traditional three-point plug sockets.
This unit is extremely portable, with a handle in the hood that will allow you to carry it easily from one place to another. This is great if you need to power something across the campsite.
- LCD – this comes with a display that will allow you to check the temperature as well as the fuel levels of your generator.
- USB ports – if you are looking for a place to easily charge your phone and your laptop, then you can hook them straight into the generator.
- More power – this comes with a lot more power than some of the other units manufactured by companies such as Honda.
- Dial – this comes with a dial that you can easily use to set the amount of power output that you want, as well as start and stop.
- Not enough power – again, this might be another unit that is difficult to hook up to a larger RV unit.
- ULTRA-QUIET – 40% Quieter than Honda* Advanced inverter technology and enclosure design provide optimal quiet performance (* Over 5 dB(A) quieter than the EU3000is, based on independent third-party testing)
- Ideal for work or play - durable steel enclosure, clean inverter power and easy portability make this the ideal generator for jobsites or recreational activities
- 16% more power than Honda, Featuring power rush advanced technology.Rated AC Frequency:60 Hz
- Digital smart lcd - digital wattage meter, run time remaining display, generator status, hour meter and fuel level
- USB ports - charge mobile devices including smartphones and tablets
ECO-WORTHY 84Wh Portable Power Station
Now we have something a little different – a solar-powered generator that you can be sure will give you everything that you need for sustainable power output.
This comes with a solar-powered generator that is made from durable material that will capture enough charge from the sun to last you around 1 day.
This is a very lightweight unit, with a handle that will allow you to carry it far for long periods of time. This is ideal if you are camping and you want to set up a little distance away from your RV.
This comes with USB charging, which is great for getting your phones and laptops fully charged. This is good if you need to do a little bit of remote working while on holiday.
This comes with a set of lights. These are great if you want to see what you’re doing as the night draws in. These lights will be charged for around 2.5 days. This will have high lighting with low power consumption.
When it comes to power-saving mode, then this is one of the best units that you can have. This is very reliable, made from extremely sturdy material.
You can cycle this unit around 3000 times, which will mean that it will last you for a long time. You could have this generator for years if you treat it well.
- Compact – this is an incredibly lightweight unit, with a handle you can easily carry it across a large campsite or into the wilderness if you need to.
- USB power – if you need to charge your devices even while you are in the middle of nowhere, then this is the perfect generator to have.
- Power saving – this will transfer the light for the solar panels and store it in the generator, giving you up to 40 hours of light from one continuous use.
- Solar-powered – if you want something that is sustainable and won’t require any additional fuel, then we would certainly nudge you in the direction of solar power.
- Cumbersome – even though the generator itself is very portable, if you include the solar panels, then this will be a lot more difficult to carry around.
- 【 26000mAh/84Wh High Capacity Battery 】- Solar Powered Generator, 12 years lifespan, cycle more than 3000 times, storage solar generator power to battery with solar panel and supply power to LED light and mobile phone.
- 【 Meet Long Continuous Lighting Needs 】- The generator built-in lights of 2 levels, full charged continue lighting up 64 hours. 3 external lamps with individual switch continue lighting up 40 hours. High brightness up to 140Lumens/W, low consumption.
- 【 Lightweight and Compact】- Portable power station, only 2.1 lbs weight, plug and play. Comes with a handle, easy to carry. Perfect emergency power backup for home and widely applicable to travel, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, expedition for outdoor activities.
- 【 2 Charging Ways 】- Solar panel charging: 4.2V/18W high-quality solar panel, charging 1 day, lighting up to 2.5 days. USB charging: suits for wall plug, battery, car, etc.（TIPS: When charging, please turn on the blue switch)
- 【 Our Guarantee 】 -This solar power generator is reliable. We offer 2 Year Warranty and 90-Day FULL REFUND service if our generator kit doesn't meet your needs! * JUST BUY IT NOW*
Soyond Solar Generator Portable Power Station
Next up we have another solar-powered unit, coming in a much smaller size that will make it much easier to carry from one place to another.
This would make a great emergency backup generator that you can use when you’re camping, hiking in the middle of nowhere or when the main power in your home fails.
This generator charges very easily and fast. Within 4 hours you will have enough juice to be fully powered, which is great if you are in a hurry and you need your devices charged fast.
This comes with a very easy-to-understand power outage system at the back. You can set this one up for USB connection. It also has a sleep mode as well as an automatic switch-off.
One of the cool features of this generator is the built-in FM radio. This will help you keep track of your movements, as well as kick back and listen to music in the sun.
This comes with an LED display that will give you all the readouts that you need to keep track of how the power is functioning and whether you need to recharge it.
- Great power-saving – whether it is the automatic shut-off mode or the low power setting, there are plenty of settings that will allow you to conserve as much power as possible.
- Handy on/off switch – if you are worried about using a generator for the first time, then don’t. This one comes with a simple on/off switch to get it running.
- Solar-powered – this is another great unit for those who do not want to burn any fuel or spend money on additional propane, oil or gas.
- You can use this in so many conditions – whether you are using this for work outdoors or as a backup during a heavy storm, this unit can be used for all scenarios.
- Some of these solar panels are not adapted to catch overhead sunlight, which might increase your charge time.
Solar Generator Portable Power Station - Soyond Portable Battery Generator with Solar Generator (Solar Panel Included) 8000mAh Battery 2 LED Bulbs Fm Radio for Outdoors Camping Travel Emergency
- ☀️【Portable Solar Power Generator 】Solar power station, perfect emergency solar kit for home, travel, camping. Rechargeable backup battery power supply with larger power capacity 8000mAh, Storage solar generator power to battery and supply power to LED light and mobile phone.
- ☀️【solar Panels Portable Generator Fast Charging】The mini generator With its own lights of 1 level and 2 extra 3W bright white LED bulbs, Low power consumption, long-lasting lighting time, and durability. Up to 23 hours of lighting with a bulb. Music playback can last more than 15 hours.
- ☀️【Solar Panels Portable Generator Fast Charging】Quickly be charged by 6V solar panel(4 hours fully charged). Two methods for you to choose from. Easy and Fast! This solar power generator is reliable, Using LiFePO4 battery, Two ways of charging: solar charging and mains socket charging, convenient and fast.
- ☀️【Solar Powered Generator Multiple-functions】Digital led display. Camping generators built-in mp3 player & radio, support USB & sd card. Built-in FM radio. 3 ports 3.7 v output to led light, USB 5v dc output for your tablets, iPhone, iPad, laptops, fans, digital camera, and USB shaver charged up.
- ☀️【Portable Solar Generator Quality Guarantee】Use Bms (battery management system) to improve battery utilization, prevent short circuit, over-current, overpower, low voltage, over-temperature, ensuring complete protection for you and your devices. Solar power kit bonus accessories with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty and 30 days no-questions-asked return policy. Value for money guaranteed, no worry for the portable solar power generator.
When you are shopping for a decent generator for your RV, then you’ll certainly be looking for a number of features such as increased durability, sustainability and long-lasting materials.
Here are some things to look out for on your next generator:
How Portable Is It?
If you are using your generator for camping, then having a portable unit will be essential.
More often than not, you won’t have that much space in your RV and you’ll need a generator that is small enough to tuck out of the way.
How Much Power Does It Generate?
The amount of charge that you have will all depend on how many appliances you are using and how consistently you are using them. A lot of these smaller generators do not go that far over 10,000 watts.
If you are looking to charge appliances but you are struggling to know which generator to buy, then we would suggest that you calculate the total voltage that you’ll need to power each device and use that as a starting point for your generator.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What Is The Best Size Of Generator For My RV?
A: This will all depend on how many appliances you’ll be running and whether you will need to power them at the same time. If you are powering a shower unit as well as a kitchen stove, then you’ll probably need a larger unit.
Q: How Quiet Is An RV Generator?
A: In the past, these devices tended to be very loud, but obviously manufacturers have worked on making them far more silent running.
The last thing you’ll want is a generator running through the night that will disrupt your vacation.
Q: How Often Will My Generator Need To Run?
A: If you are going to be running your generator for a long period, then you can be certain that it will wear down a lot quicker. A lot of the time these generators will overheat and require a cooling down period.
We hope that our list of some of the best generators for your RV has helped you decide which is the best one for your needs.
You’ll need to make sure that it is durable, and if you want a sustainable option, we would recommend a solar-powered generator.
Discover How To Use The Power of Authority Marketing To Make You Money While You Adventure!
No Experience, Existing Product Or Technical Skills Are Required
DO YOU BELIEVE ADVENTURES ARE WORTH CHASING?