We're an affiliate.
We hope you love the products/services we recommend on Just Van Life! So you know, there is the possibility we will collect a commission should you make a purchase via any of our links. This will in no way affect the purchase price. Thank you for your support, we really appreciate it!
If you are planning a trip in your RV then it is important to make sure that you have plenty of replacement light bulbs, especially if you are planning a longer trip. There are many light bulb options on the market but more and more people are opting to purchase LED light bulbs due to their array of advantages over regular light bulbs.
In this guide, we’ll be taking you through the benefits of LED lighting, the best RV replacement LED light bulbs on the market as well as an exclusive buyers guide and FAQ so you can know what to expect when conducting your research.
Benefits Of LED lighting
As mentioned before, LED lighting comes with an array of various benefits that make them highly desirable for those who want consistent lighting quality that isn’t overwhelming to the campers. Here are just a few of the advantages that you should bear in mind:
One great feature that comes with LED light bulbs is that they are be dimmed meaning that you can choose how bright you want your lighting to be. This makes your journey more comfortable as well as increasing the overall lifespan of the bulb itself.
The directionality of the LED light bulbs means that the light travels in all directions compared to traditional light bulbs. This means that you can be assured that more of your RV space will have equal amounts of lighting making it more comfortable as well as reducing wasted energy lighting places that don’t need it.
One of the main benefits that come with LED light bulbs is that they are more environmentally friendly. This is because they use less power and energy to run making them the best option for those who want to reduce their carbon footprint.
A lot of LED light bulbs are made through an environmentally friendly manufacturing process as well due to the lack of mercury and fluorescent lighting which is part of traditional light bulb construction.
Following on from the eco-friendly manufacturing process, LED light bulbs are also energy efficient as they can improve your energy efficiency by as much as 60% to 70% compared to traditional lighting. Not only does this mean it is better for the environment but it means that it is cheaper to run as well as you are not using as much power.
LED light bulbs are available in a variety of different designs to suit all kinds of light fixtures. This makes them suitable for the majority of RVs and you can choose how to lay your LED lighting in your RV. Whether you choose to have a string of exposed LED lighting or want to replace the light fixtures, there are many options available.
LED light bulbs light up instantly meaning that you don’t have to wait through a warming-up period which comes with traditional lighting such as fluorescent light bulbs. If you want lighting that turns on immediately then opt for LED light bulbs as they also turn off instantly as well.
Less Heat And UV Emissions
One of the main reasons why people opt for LED light bulbs is that they provide less heat and UV emissions than traditional light bulbs. This means that there is less chance of the RV space overheating and helps to make your journey and camping trip more enjoyable.
When compared to traditional light bulbs, LED lighting has a longer lifespan thanks to the amount of energy that they save. On average, an LED light bulb can last around 50,000 hours with some even lasting as long as 100,000 depending on how much you use them.
This means that they can last around 40 times longer than traditional lighting making them a financially viable option as well as a convenient choice.
One of the reasons why LED lighting lasts longer is that it operates on a lower voltage. This means that you are safer from any accidents occurring in smaller spaces and allows them to preserve more energy. The lower voltage also serves as another eco-friendly benefit to why LED lighting is the better option to consider.
Operates In Colder Conditions
Lastly, LED lighting is unaffected by any weather conditions. This is particularly helpful during colder conditions where traditional lighting can suffer due to the intensity of the energy used. LED lighting is often used in freezers as they can withstand the colder temperatures making them great for those who want to install outdoor lighting on their RV.
Here are the top five RV replacement LED light bulbs that you should consider:
Our first recommendation is the BRISHINE 20PCS 921 Interior LED Light Bulbs for RV which are 300% brighter than halogens making them the best choice for those who want to ensure complete brightness in their RV. This set of 20 bulbs will ensure that you have plenty of spare bulbs when you go on longer trips.
With an average lifespan of over 30,000 hours, these light bulbs have been made with a full aluminum body design that allows for faster heat dissipation. They have twice the amount of light output while only using ⅓ of energy compared to incandescent bulbs.
What makes these bulbs our top pick is how versatile they are as they can be installed in various applications around the RV especially whether inside or outside. They come with a one-year limited warranty so you can buy them with confidence.
The customer service team is guaranteed to respond to any technical queries within 24 hours so you can be assured of high-quality results.
- Are 300% brighter than halogens
- Feature an average lifespan of over 30,000 hours
- Comes with a one-year limited warranty
- High price point
- ★300% brighter than halogens: Set of 20 bulbs. Intensity:700lm/bulb. Color:6000K Xenon White. Working Voltage:12V. Current:100mA. Wattage:1.2W/bulb. High Power 36-piece 2835 SMD LED Chips, about 300% brighter than halogens
- ★30,000+ hours Lifespan:Full aluminum body design for quicker heat dissipation. Twice the amount of light output compared to halogen bulb but requires only 1/3 of the power consumption. Stably last 30,000+ hours compared to only 2000 hours for incandescent bulbs.
- ★Compatibility: Plug and play installation, without any modification. Fits: 921 912 T10 922 904 904NA 906 906NA 916 916NA 917 920 158 160 161 161B 168 168A 168NA 175 193 194 194B 194G 194NA 194R 2821 2825 2827 2886X 3652 558 579 658 W5WB
- ★Applications: Great for RV camper trailer motorhome, 5th Wheel boat interior lights, Ceiling Dome Lights, Tail Lights, Brake Lights, Reverse Lights, Side Marker Lights, Rear Light, Stop Lamp, Backup Lights and Center high mount stop lights(3rd brake lights), Turn signal lights.
- ★1-Year Warranty: Buy with confidence, we offer 12 months warranty on item(s) that confirm to be manufacturer defect and friendly customer service responses within 24 hours. NOTE: Amazon filter system may not be 100% accurate and the bulb size may vary between trim of your vehicle. Please double check owners manual or original bulb size to confirm before placing an order.
Our second selection is the GRB Super Bright LED Bulbs for 12V RV which have been made with RVs in mind making them a great choice for those who want to purchase their LED light bulbs for their camper only. Each bulb has 38 individual LED chipsets which means that there is better light emission while also reducing the number of hot spots.
The super white color is extremely bright which is great for those who want to light up the whole space.
These light bulbs allow you to extend your camper’s battery life as they use a limited amount of power used meaning that if you are going on longer trips, LED light bulbs are the best solution for you.
With less heat, you can be assured of a cooler space which means that you can be more comfortable in your RV space. These light bulbs come with a one-year warranty so you can purchase them with peace of mind.
- Each bulb has 38 individual LED chipsets which means that there is better light emission while also reducing the number of hot spots
- Allow you to extend your camper’s battery life as they use a limited amount of power used
- Comes with a one-year warranty so you can purchase them with peace of mind
- The texture and tone of the lighting can be overwhelming in smaller spaces
- ✔Direct replacement for 912, 921, 922 halogen bulbs. USE for ceiling dome light (single or double). 921 LED Bulb, 12 volt led bulbfor rv interior lights, 921 LED
- ✔One bulb has 38 induvial LED chipsets for better overall light emission and reduced hot spots. ✔6000K-6500K super white color temperature without the ugly blue/purple tint. ✔Low power consumption measured at 3.8 Watts producing 600 lumens, equivalent to a 40Watt halogen bulb.
- 【EXTEND BATTERY LIFE】Camp off grid longer and boondock your RV, Camper, Trailer, Motorhome, 5th Wheel and Marine or Boat. ✔Traditional halogen or filament bulbs frequently burn out becoming costly and time consuming to replace. ✔When hooked up to shore power, energy draw is only 3.8 Watts, measured at +/- .35 cents per bulb, reducing running costs.
- 【LESS HEAT = COOLER CAMPER】Completely switch to energy efficient LEDs with reduced operating temperatures among all LED lighting inside your travel trailer. ✔NO more scorching summer days, relax better during summer nights, and NO more fan noise from your AC converter.
- Safe, eco-friendly, No UV or IR radiation and longer lifespan,【1 Year hassle free warranty and satisfaction guaranteed! Or your money back!】
Our third choice is the Antline LED Bulbs which come as a set of 20 to ensure that you have plenty of spare bulbs should you need them, especially when venturing on longer trips. There are three options of white that you can choose between.
The choices are cool white, warm white, and white, so you can decide how bright you want the lights to be. These bulbs have a unique 360-degree design that helps to enhance the overall brightness and has a longer lifespan and lower power consumption.
These light bulbs can be used for a variety of different appliances both in the RV and around the home so you are sure to make the most of them.
You can also purchase them with full confidence as they come with a one-year limited warranty so if some of the bulbs arrive damaged or there is a manufacturing defect, you can have extra peace of mind as the customer service team can offer technical assistance
- There are three options of white that you can choose between
- Have a unique 360-degree design that helps to enhance the overall brightness
- Comes with a one-year limited warranty
- Not as bright as other lights
- 【GUARANTEE】Please buy with confidence, we offer "ONE YEAR" warranty on item(s) damaged during delivery or have a confirmed manufacturer defect.
- 【ADVANTAGE】(Set of 20 bulbs)50-pieces extremely bright 3014 LED chips per bulb. Unique 360 degree lighting design to enhance brightness, 300% brighter than original halogen bulb, longer life span & low power consumption.
- 【FEATURE】Lumen: 600LM/bulb; Voltage: 12V DC; Current: 310MA; Wattage: 3W/Bulb; Length: 1.7", Diameter: 0.7".
- 【FITMENT】1156 1141 1003 7506 BA15S 1073 1095 1383 1156A 1156NA 1195 12088 1295 1295NA 199 2396 3497 5007 5008 631 93 97 97A 97NA etc.
- 【APPLICATION】RV camper trailer boat interior lights, tail lights, backup or reverse lights, brake lights, parking lights, center high mount stop lights, turn signal lights.
Our penultimate recommendation is GRV SMD Wedge LED Bulb which is GRV’s latest model that provides a stable performance while remaining lightweight in design. One of the brightest options on our list, these LED bulbs provide a high-quality performance that will last a long time.
They feature 5050 SMD chips that are selected with brilliant heat dissipation which allows the bulbs to cool while the lifespan of each bulb averages more than 50,000 hours.
These bulbs can be easily installed and are easy to plugin and use. The cool white coloring isn’t overwhelming to the eye whilst eliminating the dull yellow than traditional bulbs tend to emit. They are versatile to use and can be applied to many areas of the RV as well as in the home meaning that you can make the most of these bulbs.
- Features 5050 SMD chips that are selected with brilliant heat dissipation which allows the bulbs to cool
- The lifespan of each bulb averages more than 50,000 hours
- They are versatile to use and can be applied to many areas of the RV
- High price point
- New arrivals (2.0 Generation) in 2021, light weight and stable performance. High quality and super bright LED bulbs
- The 5050 SMD chips is strictly selected with excellent heat dissipation to help cool the bulbs quickly, adopt gold wire technology and pure copper bracket to make sure the service life is more than 50,000 hours
- Convenient installation. Easy plug and play. Input DC12v/DC13v
- 20×T10 921 wedge 13-5050 SMD LED Bulbs (2.0 Generation) Cool White
- Applications: Suitable for many applications, such as RV,Camper,Boat,Travel Trailer,Interior Light,Dome Lights,and so on
Our final selection is the Alysontech 921 RV Interior LED Light Bulbs which has an impressive 500 lumens and is a 12-voltage bulb meaning that it is ideal for RV. These LED replacement bulbs can be used for a variety of purposes within the RV as well as in the home which makes them highly versatile.
Available in a pack of 20, you’ll always be assured that you have spares should you need them and they will provide you with years of use. They are great for those who like to go on long camping trips in their RV as they last a long time. They can fit the majority of light fixtures which means that they are adaptable no matter what you want to use them more.
These light bulbs are a fantastic way to preserve energy and can be flipped should they not switch on immediately thanks to their dual positive and negative features meaning that you can reverse the polarity.
They come with a 12-month warranty which covers any bulbs that are damaged during shipping or suffer from a manufacturing defect while the customer service team is trained to give you technical assistance should you need it.
- Has 500 lumens
- Available in a pack of 20
- Comes with a limited 12-month warranty
- Not as bright as other bulbs
- Voltage: DC 12V. Flux: 500 Lumens. Cerrent: 0.1A .Size:32mm x 9mm Color: 6000K
- LED replacement bulbs use for backup lights,side marker light,high mount stop light, and turn signal light, corner light, parking light,tail light, etc. Common use for RV, Car, Truck, Motorcycle, Boat, Trailer.Placement on Vehicle: Left, Right, Front, Rear
- Fits for T10 921 194 158 161 168 168A 168NA 175 194 194NA 2821 2825 2827 2886X 3652 558 658 PC168 PC175 PC194 PC195 W5W W5WB W5WLL 124 160 161B 192 193 194A 194B 194G 194NAK 194R 195 2825L PC160 PC161 PC168B PC194G PC195NA W10W Led Light Bulbs
- NOTICE: In order to ensure the normal operation and safe use of the bulb, please make sure voltage of your vehicle is 12V. All LED bulbs have to be plugged in a certain way, it has Positive and Negative. Simply flip it 180 degrees if the LED does not light up.(Reverse the polarity)
- We offer 12 months warranty on item(s) damaged during the shipping or confirmed to be a manufactory defect. Friendly customer service responses within 24 hours on business days
When conducting your research, it’s important to know what factors you have to consider before making your final decision. Not only will this help to prevent any disappointment but it will also mean that you know what to expect from the bulb’s performance.
When looking at your options, always consider the quantity, brightness, warranty, and budget. Once you have weighed these aspects against your own needs and requirements, you’ll be in a position to make a fully informed decision with confidence.
The first thing you should consider is how many bulbs you receive in your pack. The majority of these options come with 20 bulbs in a pack; however, there are other options available such as buying single bulbs at a time. It is always best to purchase a multipack as this means that you will always have spare bulbs available which are handy, especially if you are going on longer trips.
When you are purchasing any kind of light bulb, you want to make sure that it is giving you the amount of brightness you want to ensure that you have the most comfortable and enjoyable journey possible. Thanks to the LED light’s ability to preserve energy, they have more consistency in how much brightness they emit without risking any overheating.
As you can see from the options provided in this article, some choices are brighter than others but it is all about your preferences.
Another factor you should always consider is whether the light bulbs come with a warranty period or returns policy. This is especially important if you are skeptical about your choice and are opting for a different choice than usual.
The majority of choices given in this guide come with a warranty period of at least a year so you can have extra peace of mind as well as customer service teams who are on hand to provide you with any assistance should you need it.
Lastly, always consider your budget. The recommendations in this article vary in price which is determined by the above factors. As you can see from these options, you don’t have to exceed your budget so whether you have the money to spend or are working with a stricter budget, there are plenty of choices for you to select from.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Replace RV Light Bulbs With LED?
RV light bulbs can be replaced with LED options and have become more commonplace among RV owners thanks to the many benefits that they have as explained above. Thanks to the many designs available, you are sure to find a light bulb that will suit your light fixture.
How Much Power Do RV LED Lights Use?
Compared to traditional lighting, LED light bulbs use less power and they can use as little as 0.12 amps compared to the 1.6 amps that incandescent bulbs use. This means that LED light bulbs are much better for the environment and last a lot longer while still providing great performance.
Do 12-volt LED Lights Get Hot?
One of the main benefits that come with LED lighting is that they emit less heat meaning that if you purchase a suitable bulb for the voltage that the fixture dictates, you should be fine. However, bear in mind that if you use an LED light that is set to a different voltage than the fixture states then this can cause problems that include overheating.